Thursday, October 8, 2009

No, I'm Not Pregnant!

For realz. It seems to be the big question on many peoples minds... when are we going to get me knocked up?!? Family members. Friends. Co-workers. Perfect strangers who stop me while grocery shopping. Argggggg! Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to have babies someday in the near future. But it gets old when people expect an announcement on a daily basis.

Today I went to get my hairs did and my stylist tells me that one of his other clients asked the no-no question... "Do you think Mrs. is preggers?" My stylist asked the woman why she wanted to know and she said she just had a "feeling" that I was. This immediately starts the paranoid slew of thoughts that plague most people who make their living as a talking head... "Do I look heavier?" "Did me suit fit funny?" "Did I make a joke about having a baby?", etc. When my stylist pressed the woman about her "feeling," she replied, "She just has this glow going on." Huh. So this Sherlock watched one newscast, notices an extra gleam about me and logically deduces it must be a bun in the oven!

This is one of the many reasons I can't wait to be preggy. So then people can stop wondering already!
Cheers,
MM

No comments:

Post a Comment